Saturday, July 10, 2010

I am behind!

Somehow, in the midst of seemingly unimportant things (like...life, for instance), I have missed out on two very important things. Like...much anticipated book releases! :)

I have been a fan of Laurie R. King for years. I believe I first picked up her book 'The Beekeeper's Apprentice' when I was 14. I was hooked at the 'Editors Note' right in the beginning.

I have also loved Maria V. Snyder for a few years. I picked up her first book, 'Poison Study' in my home town library book sale room for a grand total of $.50. That's right. Fifty cents. The idea of a poison tester intrigued me. Plus, it was the Luna edition, and I don't think I've ever read a book published by Luna that I didn't like. Also, Ms. Snyder has some excellent writing advice, which I've posted about before. I use her tips frequently in my own writing.

So, like I said, somehow...somehow I missed out on new releases from both of these wonderful ladies!

Laurie R King came out with the next installment in her Mary Russell series (book #10). And Ms Snyder released a book called 'Inside Out' in April. So now, I have to push aside regular life as soon as I possibly can (like...payday?) and make a trip to the bookstore so I can buy these books and lose myself in the wonderful world of words that these ladies have created.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment