Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Naked in Death, by Nora Roberts (as J.D. Robb)


A really good friend of mine tried and tried to get me to read this book. She recommended the series over and over. But still, I hesitated. It isn't that I didn't want to read them. Not at all. It was just...well, its a pretty long series! Thirty books about the same people is a lot to commit to! However, I sat down one day and picked up 'Naked in Death'. Then couldn't put it down.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas has been a cop for a while. She's a tough little lady, who has seen just about everything.

When a the granddaughter of a wealthy, right wing politician is murdered, brutally, Eve gets put on the case. Eve has to figure out who, among friends and acquaintances of the deceased would have a motive for killing such a young woman. Fingers get pointed at several people, including the wealthy Irish billionaire, Roarke. (Just Roarke.)

Eve can't help but be attracted to him. Hell, I couldn't help be attracted to him! And, as much as she wants him to be innocent, he was one of the last people to see her alive.

Then, another murder occurs, in the same, brutal way as the first. Then a third.

Really, Nora Roberts is a very talented writer. I don't believe I had ever read anything of hers before, and, knowing that she is a romance writer is one of the things that kept me from reading this for as long as I did. I like a little romance as much as the next person, but with the mystery kick I've been on lately...

So, I went and checked out the next 5 books in the series. Can't wait to read them. Not sure I can commit to all thirty books though...Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment