Thursday, November 5, 2009

So far: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Well...I am currently reading this book. Sadly, bouts of migraines and general achy-ness have prevented me from finishing it yet. But, do not fear! The end is near! :)

I'm really enjoying this book! Its part history, part fantasy (very little) and supposedly part romance, although I have yet to read anything of that nature. It's thrilling. It's about Dracula!

The narrator is an unnamed 16 year old girl who lives with her father, and discovers an old book with only a dragon in it. And, so, her father, with a heavy heart, begins to tell her a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat...or bed, or couch, whatever your preferred reading place is.

I will admit that I am getting a little impatient with it, but only because I am unable to sit and just read like I used to be able to...I'm ready to find out more, to see where they go, how her father tells the story, what happens next...only I have to wait and read a chapter at a time. Sometimes two.

But, anyway, its quiet on the home front, so I'll to my book.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment