Monday, November 23, 2009

Mercedes Lackey's The Snow Queen

Another tale in set in the 500 Kingdoms! Tradition, Godmothers, evil sorceresses, and dumb kids...sounds like a good 'un.

I wasn't, and to be honestly still am not familiar with the fairy tale of the Snow Queen. So I read this book with no previous knowledge, no expectations. And, for the most part, I was pleased.

I have yet to read a Mercedes Lackey book that I didn't like, and The Snow Queen is no exception. It goes back and forth between the Snow Queen, also known to some as the Ice Fairy, and a Godmother, and some members of the Sammi, an eskimo type tribe. Through various circumstances, they team up to figure out a way to destroy an imposter.

I will say that I wish that there was more focus on the romance(s). I mean, there was some, but not to the same extent as the other 500 Kingdoms books Ms Lackey has written.

Over all, a good veggie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment